The Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) is fostering the development of a network of approved school-based mental health programs within Arkansas public school districts. These school-based programs have the following characteristics in common:
• An emphasis on early intervention
• Full integration with the community and its resources
• Placing students and their families at the center of service decisions
• Providing services that are culturally competent
• A focus on promoting school attendance and academic success
• Services and supports validated by research and evidence-based practices
School districts interested in participating in this network are encouraged to complete and submit the attached School-Based Mental Health Survey.
After the completed survey is received by the ADE, the district will be contacted either by Tony Boaz, LCSW, or Ruth Fissel, LCSW, to provide additional technical assistance directed toward network participation.