The Arkansas Department of Education, Special Education Unit has coordinated with Medicaid and Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care (AFMC) to offer a Medicaid Therapy Workshop for school-related Occupational, Physical and Speech Therapy services providers. The workshop will take place at the Arkansas Special Education Resource Center, Sherwood, AR from 9:00 to 12:00 on May 27, 2004.
The workshop will include, but is not limited to, the following topics:
1. Important information about submitting charts for review.
2. Medicaid requirements for the DMS-640 and correction procedures.
3. Documentation requirements by Medicaid for evaluations, progress notes, and commonly used tests.
4. Errors that lead to denial of therapy services.
5. How to request reconsideration.
A representative from MMCS will be present to answer any questions that school nurses may have.
Attendance at the workshop is highly recommended considering changes in Medicaid policy, an overall statewide decrease in Medicaid claims for Arkansasí school districts, and recent notification from the Medicaid Office that it will begin the process of recouping funds from districts found not to have met Medicaid requirements upon audit.
To register for the workshop, email Tony Boaz at the Arkansas Department of Education, Special Education Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.