The Division of Public School Academic Facilities and Transportation School Bus Driver Trainers will begin conducting the 2006 – 2007 school bus driver in-service sessions and driver record checks on August 1, 2006.
Area trainers will be contacting districts to coordinate the location, date, and time of the in-service training. Districts will be notified of the arrangements and the information will be posted on the Division website - www.arkansasfacilities.com. If a driver is unable to attend the district's scheduled training, the Division website can be accessed to find another training session to attend.
Trainers will also be conducting a review of the district drivers’ files for the following information.
1. Copy of current Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
2. Copy of Physical Examination (required every 2 years)
3. Copy of TB test (Upon acceptance of employment only)
4. Copy of driver’s license record check (required once a year)
5. Copy of state and federal background check (Employed after 4/10/97)
6. Copy of pre-employment drug and alcohol test (Employed after 12/31/95)
1. Documentation of drivers’ random testing pool.
2. Documentation of Emergency Evacuation Drills.