APSCN has completed the table for entering the corrected Highly Qualified Teacher data as explained in LIC-07-020. There were some 'quirks' in the creation of the table and the Department was unable to deliver this information at the first of this month as expected. Therefore, the deadline for submission has been extended until April 15, 2007.
The operation for entering corrected highly qualifed data is very similar to the professional development (PD) data table. Per APSCN schools/districts may enter the corrections for Highly Qualified Teachers (HQT) by the outline below:
1. In the menu option from the fms menus.
2. Enter the information for the search, then click 'Find.'
3. Select the record to be updated from the list (move up & down with arrow keys until it is highlighted and the full record displays below).
4. Click 'Update' and select the new HQT status from the only dropdown box in the section where the record is displayed.
5. Hit 'Enter' or Click 'OK' to finish the update or 'Back' to cancel and return to either the result list or the search portion of the screen. (If it goes to the list click 'Back' again to return to the search criteria.)
All corrected data must be entered by the deadline in order for the Department to provide this information to the United States Department of Education as required.
All questions should be directed to Larry Cunningham, APSCN Programming Manager, at email@example.com or at 501-682-1828.