The Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) reports annually on the number of language minority and limited English proficient (LEP) students enrolled in Arkansas public schools to the United States Department of Education (USDOE). The data are used to develop language appropriate services for LEP students and to assist the ADE in planning for the needs of the LEP student population. DATA ON THE NUMBER OF LEP STUDENTS ENROLLED WILL DETERMINE FUNDING AVAILABLE TO THE DISTRICT FOR SERVING LEP STUDENTS.
This year’s survey report will be filled out and submitted electronically over the Web. Please follow the instructions below to access the survey:
1) Start the Web browser.
2) Type in the following address: http://ar.esl.msedd.com, and press the “Enter” key.
3) Provide the user name and password. The user name is the first four digits of the school LEA number, and the password is the first word of the school district name, all lower case. Enter the user name and password and press “Enter.”
4) The next page should display a drop-down list of Arkansas school districts. Find the school district and press “Select.” This will be Form #1.
5) Fill out each of the six forms using the instructions on each page.
6) Please note that on Form #7 of the Home Language Survey Report, when users click the “Finish” button, a summary of all entries is displayed. This summary can also be reached by clicking the “Summary” button in either the upper left or lower left areas on the page; corrections can then be made as needed. Upon reviewing the summary and approving all entries, a copy should then be printed and kept as a record.
If there are any technical/computer problems with the online site or in filling out the forms, please contact Marcy Trogdon, either by telephone at 501-801-2500, extension 105 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. If assistance is needed with information regarding the LEP/ESL Program, please contact Dr. Guerrero’s office at 501-682-5014, and ask for Andre' Guerrero or Valerie Jackson.
If the district does not currently enroll Language Minority Students, please check the box at the top of Form #1 and submit. There is no need to fill out the remainder of the form.
In order to receive funding, Home Language Survey data must be received by November 1, 2007. Failure to submit data will indicate that no LEP students are enrolled in the district, and no funding will be issued.