Earlier this year, the Arkansas State Board of Education accepted the surrender of the open-enrollment charters of ARISE Academy (ARISE) located in Monticello and the FOCUS Center of Learning (FOCUS) located in Conway.
Pursuant to State and Federal law, the net assets of ARISE and FOCUS purchased with State and Federal funds have become the property of the State.
The Department desires to donate these assets/items to existing open-enrollment public charter schools. Copies of the inventories of the items from ARISE and FOCUS which are available are attached to this memo.
The following conditions exist for the acquisition of the listed items:
1. All items available are offered “AS IS” with no warranties being made by the Department as to the item’s quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular use;
2. Those schools wishing to obtain a particular item or items should e-mail Dr. Mary Ann Brown, Unit Leader, Charter Schools Office, at email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m. on December 10, 2007. Your e-mail should reference the desired item or items by inventory number (i.e., “ARISE Inventory No. 26” or “FOCUS Inventory No. 15”) as well as a contact person’s name, telephone number and e-mail address. Any requests received after the above deadline will not be considered by the Department.
3. The Department will make the final decision as to which requestors receive particular items.
4. Upon deciding which requestors will receive which items, the Department will notify the successful requestors. The successful requestors will be advised where to go to pick up the item(s) and when to arrive at the pickup site. All successful requestors are responsible for removing the item(s) from the pickup site.
5. Upon presenting proof of identification and executing a property transfer agreement, the item(s) will be released to the successful requestor.
6. Any items which are not claimed by open-enrollment charter schools shall be made available to public school districts, utilizing the same process described above.
Questions or comments should be addressed to Dr. Mary Ann Brown, Unit Leader, Charter Schools Office, at 501-682-5312.