The October 1, 2008, deadline for paying the licensure fee for the automatic renewal of a standard Arkansas teaching license has expired.
Records reflect that a rather large number of teachers whose licenses were up for renewal and were eligible for automatic renewal, did not pay the required fee by the October 1, 2008, deadline.
Consequently, it will be the responsibility of the individual teachers to now submit the following items to the Office of Professional Licensure in order to renew the teaching license.
1. A completed and signed licensure application form requesting the renewal of their teaching license.
2. Verification of having completed the required 60 hrs. of professional development for the 05-06, 06-07 and 07-08 school years.
3. Verification of having taught two of the previous five years or having taught the last school year their teaching license was effective.
4. Payment of the $100.00 fee in the form of a cashiers check or money order.
5. The payment may also be submitted on line at https://www.ark.org/teachers/licensure using Visa, MasterCard, Discover or electronic check.
6. The teacher must have completed at least one background check with the Arkansas State Police and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
School administrators are encouraged to check with teachers whose license expire December 31, 2008, to be sure the correct procedures have been followed for renewing the teaching license.
Please refer any questions regarding this memo to Ron Tolson, Coordinator, Professional Licensure at 501-683-3126 or by e-mail at email@example.com.