ADE Director's Communication Memo Form

Memo Number : FIN-10-054

Date Created : 01/21/2010


Co-op Directors
other: Business Managers

Type of Memo: Regulatory
Response Required: No
Section:   Fiscal and Administrative Services - William J. Goff, Assistant Commissioner
Final 2010 Title I, Part A and Part D Reallocations

Regulatory Authority:
Elementary & Secondary Education Act

Contact Person:
Kim Bajorek

Phone Number:


This Memo is a follow up to Commissioner’s Memo FIN-10-008, Title I Allocations, and constitutes official notice of the Final 2010 Title I, Part A and Part D allocated for the 2009-2010 school year under provisions of Title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965.

No individual notice of funds allocation will be provided. All allocations are listed on this communication. Please keep a copy of this communication and the attachment on file for the auditor.

APSCN Source of Funds codes:

• Title I, Part A, is 6501 and the Revenue Code is 45110.
• Title I, Part A, ARRA is 6516 and the Revenue Code is 45119.
• Title I, Part D, is 6510 and the Revenue Code is 45120.
• Title I, Part D, ARRA is 6518 and the Revenue Code is 45125.

Title I allocations have been recalculated to reflect all districts existing on July 1, 2009, after consolidation/annexation and charter school additions.

The Fiscal Year 2010 Title I Regular and ARRA reallocations are based on the following:

• The consolidation of two regular LEAs and two charter schools effective July 1, 2009.

• Two new Charter Schools began operation in 2009-2010.

• Charter Schools are required to be adjusted based on the October 1 Enrollment and Free and Reduced Lunch counts.

Title I Policy Guidance from the U. S. Department of Education (USDOE) can be found at the following web site: The same policy guidance also covers open-enrollment charter school allotments under Title I.

Availability period of Federal Education Funds is 27 months from the time the funds are made available to the state. During the first 15 months of the 27 month period 85% must be spent and/or obligated; the remaining 15% must be obligated and liquidated by the end of the next 12 month period. Funds allotted to the state on July 1, 2009, will be available for expenditure or obligation in an approved Arkansas Comprehensive School Improvement Plan (ACSIP) plan until September 30, 2011. Under Tydings, unobligated funds can be carried over from the first year, Title I has a carryover of 15%, which may be waived once every three years.

Some LEAs will need to amend the ACSIP and/or ARRA budgets, direct questions regarding ACSIP to the LEAs ACSIP supervisor.

Direct questions regarding finance to either Kim Bajorek at 501-683-6530 or Annette Pearson at 501-683-1243.


Back to the Customer List

Copyright © 1997 Arkansas Department of Education. All rights reserved.
Department of Education Home Page