The Arkansas Department of Education, Offices of Comprehensive School Health and Child Nutrition are recruiting elementary schools to participate in a Health Action Team (H.A.T.) project. The H.A.T. training provides a rewarding opportunity for schools to utilize a team approach to nutrition education through the implementation of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. More than 70 elementary schools are currently involved. We would like your school to participate in this exciting project!
Schools that agree to become a Health Action Team will receive a $1,000 planning and implementation award to be used toward supplies, resources, curriculum, etc. In order to be eligible to participate in this program, each school will have to assure that:
1) School food service employees (all) will receive the 10-hour Healthy E.D.G.E. training;
2) School H.A.T. will attend a one-day training workshop on June 2, 1999;
3) School H.A.T. will submit an annual plan of activities;
4) If provided, the school H.A.T. will attend the Showcase during the spring of 2000; and
5) School H.A.T. will submit mid-year and final progress reports.
If your school is interested in becoming a Health Action Team and would like further information, or an application, please contact Deedra Smith at (501) 324-9740 by April 30, 1999! SIGN UP NOW!